Re: Request for debconf template review, ntop

On 01/23/2011 03:44 AM, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Putting things in git is a good way of stopping non-programmers like
> me from having a look at them, but I'll follow up Christian's version
> (oh, and I can do "patch -R", okay, new diff attached.)

Mhm, the link in my email was supposed to give you a plain text file...

>> Template: ntop/interfaces
>> Type: string
>> Default: eth0
>                                       listen on:
>>  Please enter a comma-separated list of interfaces ntop
>>  should listen to.
>
> I'd say "for ntop to listen on" or (probably) "that ntop should listen
> on".
>
>> Template: ntop/admin_password
>> Type: password
>>  You must choose a password to be used with ntop administration web
>>  interface.
>
>    Please choose a password to be used for ntop's administrative web
>    interface.

There was a good point of having "admin password", i.e. it was the user
for the "admin" password, which is in fact administrator.

However I can agree the old way was trying to convey implicitly too much
information. So what about:

"Please choose a password to be used for ntop's administrative web
interface (i.e. for the username "admin")."

?

I agree with all the rest.

Thank you for the reviews!
Ludovico