Re: [RFR2] templates://phpbb3/{phpbb3.templates}

David Prévot wrote:
> I have a doubt about the use of the word "the": although there are some
> of them in theses templates, it doesn't seem to be everywhere it could,
> and I'm clueless whether we have to use it or not.

Let me see:

> Template: phpbb3/admin-pass
> Type: password
>  Please provide a password for phpBB user "admin".
                                ^the
Yes, a definite article would be good (but not essential) here.

>  .
>  The password must be at least 6 characters long.
>  .
>  The password must not be "admin".

What's the point of forbidding this 5-letter word twice?

>  .
>  If left blank, a random password will be generated.

I suppose I should mention that style guides disapprove of this sort
of construction (where the identity of the thing that's left blank
is in principle unclear - it's not an argument of the main clause).
It might be better to say:

   If the password is left blank, a random one will be generated.

> Template: phpbb3/admin-pass-confirm
> Type: password
>  Please confirm the password for phpBB user "admin".
                                  ^
As above, you could have insert "the" here.

[...]
> Template: phpbb3/admin-pass-generated
> Type: note
> #flag:translate!:2
>  The following random password has been installed for the admin user:

Perhaps s/installed/configured/?   s/installed/set up/?