Re: package description : cocot

Hi.

Thank you for your comment.

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 07:25:51 -0500
Jonathan Nieder <jrnieder@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does the package compare to luit from x11-utils?
I did not know much about luit. cocot came from cygwin environment.

cocot has options: (roughtly translate)
  -o LOGFILE    output log which is converting encoding before.
  -a            log turn append mode. This option must use with -o option.
  -t TERM_CODE  Terminal encoding. Default is CP932(Japanse Microsoft encoding
                and ms defined characters)
  -p PROC_CODE  Command process encoding Default is EUC-JP
  -i            Ignore ISO-2022-JP escape sequence
  -n            Do not convert encoding
                (Same act as script(1) and -o option)
  -h            show help message.
  -v            show version.

> I have occasionally wanted to use a program that expects a UTF-8
> terminal on a latin1 terminal, which is the opposite of what luit
> does.  Would cocot help me?

cocot can define terminal encoding and process encoding. It seems to me
that cocot can help you. But I have never done it actually. I am
sorry that I can not give you proven infomation.

--
Yukiharu Yabuki (矢吹幸治)                      I use Debian GNU/Linux