Re: [RFR] Description for package quassel

Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2010 schrieb Jonathan Nieder:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> A general thought I was reminded of:
>
> Thomas Müller wrote:
> > We should not go too far away from the upstream description by inventing
> > new attributes.
>
> I have started noticing this idea (such-and-such is a bad idea
> because we should not diverge from upstream or have too many patches)
> expressed by a wide variety of people, and I have to admit it baffles
> me.  Isn’t a package maintainer’s job to work together with upstream
> to improve the software?
>
> Jonathan

You are right: we maintainers shall support upstream ..

I'll discuss this with upstream for sure. In case upstream will / can / want
to change the description we will sync the package descriptions.

But this will take time and I want a good description based on what we have
now.

Thanks a lot for your input - it will not be lost.

Tom

--
Thomas Müller (Thomas Mueller)

E-Mail:   thomas.mueller@tmit.eu