Re: help to improve the tango package.

Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> a écrit :
>>    TANGO is an object oriented distributed control system. It allows
>>    communication between TANGO device processes running on the same
>>    computer or distributed over the network. These processes can
>>    provide services to the control system all over the network,
>>    including hardware control and calculation capabilities.
>>    .
>>    This package provides a TANGO database device using MySQL.
>
> In fact I like a lot except the last part of the last sentance.
> it seems to restrictive to me, only hardware control and calculation.
>
> how can we let the 'champ des possibles' open
> I mean how can we says the hardware control and calculation are just
> examples of utilisation.
> It is nice to have exemples of utilisation
>
> how about:
>
> These processes can provide services to the control system all over the
> network like hardware control or data treatment.

"Including X and Y" already makes it a non-exhaustive list, but I
suppose "like/such as" would emphasize that.  "Like" would be normal
spoken English, but formal style-guides tend to prefer "such as" in
this context.

"Data treatment" is unidiomatic (for no reason I can see; people
just don't say it).  Alternatives include "data processing" or "data
manipulation". So:

  TANGO is an object oriented distributed control system. It allows
  communication between TANGO device processes running on the same
  computer or distributed over the network. These processes can provide
  services to the control system all over the network, such as hardware
  control or data manipulation.