Re: Counting the troops

Hi,

On Sunday 22 February 2009, Nicolas François wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 07:50:31AM +0100, bubulle@debian.org wrote:
> > That would need modifications to the robot in order to parse such
> > subjects....and it would then need language-specific parsing:
> >
> > [RFR] Relecture de la traduction française des modèles debconf de sa-exim
>
> Supporting these translations would not be a problem, except for the
> issues pointed above. Having a pseudo header would be preferred rather
> than having to implement a Human Typo Safe parser.
>
> I could support support both putting the pseudo URL on the subject or on
> the pseudo-header, and let the teams decide on their processes.
> For example, when a subject does not contain a pseudo-url, the robot
> could parse the first lines of the body and use them as a commands if they
> start with "Dl10n:" (comments and a terminating thanks could also be
> supported)

I agree that pseudo-urls as such are good presentation and that we shouldn't
start parsing strings written by humans. Argument was just that the subject
is not the best place for the urls. Pseudo-header on the first line of body
sounds good to me. And thanks for working on these. :-)

Edu

--
Esko Arajärvi - edu@iki.fi - +358-50-5446844
"Only idiots quote signatures." -Antti Kuntsi (at his .sig)