Re: Proofreading/understanding consultants/libobi.wml

Hello Christian,
On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 06:44:16PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 04:32:04PM +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> > > The whole thing seems garbled ("caritative"?) and "precariously" is
> > > entirely wrong.  Googling for this text, I find it at
> > > "http://www.libobi.org/";, where there's also a French version:
> > >
> > >   Je fais uniquement du bénévolat pour les organisations caritatives
> > >   humanitaires et enseignements libres ou religieux en situation de
> > >   précarité.
> > >
> > > I'd suggest ignoring the English and starting from that.
> >
> > Since I don't speak any French, I CC'd Christian Perrier (who works on
> > the French team as well):
> >
> > Christian, could you coordinate an update of the English version based
> > on the French original and could you ping me once that is present?
>

> Well, translatinig the above to English is tricky for me..:-)
>
> "caritatives" and "précarité" are words which I don't have the
> appropriate English word for.

Maybe I'm missing your smiley, but there sure is someone on the very
capable French team who could try an translation? Or if that is really
impossible, then the words should remain as they are (in quotes) and an
explanation in brackets should be given.

Greetings

        Helge