Re: Proof reading of python-recaptcha description

OoO  Peu avant  le début  de l'après-midi  du mardi  26 août  2008, vers
13:06, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> disait :

>> reCAPTCHA helps prevent automated abuse of web sites (such as comment
>> spam or bogus registrations) by using a CAPTCHA to ensure that only
>> humans perform certain actions.

> I see others are commenting on other language, so I shan't.  However,
> the above description is misleading: not all humans can pass a
> reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA does not prevent automated abuse - there are
> reports on the BBC and so on of spammers using human proxies.  Also,
> nothing in reCAPTCHA tries to detect comment spam or bogus
> registrations, so they are misleading examples.

Hi!

About "not  all humans  can pass a  reCAPTCHA", reCAPTCHA  also supports
audio test.

> I'd suggest:-

> reCAPTCHA hinders automated abuse of web sites by using a CAPTCHA to
> try to ensure that humans are involved.

Here is the new description:

 This Python package provides modules implementing clients for both
 reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA Mailhide.
 .
 reCAPTCHA hinders automated abuse of web sites (such as comment spam
 or bogus registrations) by using a CAPTCHA to try to ensure that
 humans are involved.
 .
 reCAPTCHA Mailhide allows web sites to obfuscate email addresses,
 revealing them only if a reCAPTCHA is solved.
 .
 These modules access a web service that requires sites running the
 reCAPCHA client to register (at no cost) for an API key. On the other
 hand, no imaging libraries or complex computations are needed to
 generate and check CAPTCHAs.

I have  left the  example about "comment  spam and  bogus registrations"
because  I believe  that reCAPTCHA  provides a  way to  detect  those: a
comment  is   considered  as   spam  if  the   CAPTCHA  is   not  solved
correctly. I believe this is a form of detection.

Thanks.
--
I WILL NOT GREASE THE MONKEY BARS
I WILL NOT GREASE THE MONKEY BARS
I WILL NOT GREASE THE MONKEY BARS
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 7F17