Re: Proof reading of python-recaptcha description

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:
>  reCAPTCHA helps prevent automated abuse of web sites (such as comment
>  spam or bogus registrations) by using a CAPTCHA to ensure that only
>  humans perform certain actions.

I see others are commenting on other language, so I shan't.  However,
the above description is misleading: not all humans can pass a
reCAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA does not prevent automated abuse - there are
reports on the BBC and so on of spammers using human proxies.  Also,
nothing in reCAPTCHA tries to detect comment spam or bogus
registrations, so they are misleading examples.

I'd suggest:-

reCAPTCHA hinders automated abuse of web sites by using a CAPTCHA to
try to ensure that humans are involved.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)