Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

>>    The purpose of the preview LaTeX package is the extraction of
>>    selected
>
> The problem is that this wording will make people confuse the preview
> package with preview-latex, and the name of the Debian package does
> nothing to help: its naming is supposed to be consistent with other
> "latex-style" packages and indicate a LaTeX package named "preview", but
> given that this package was previously part of a subsystem called
> "preview-latex", nobody will be able to figure out _that_.  It is
> "preview"-"latex-style".  Ouch.

Not exactly: Usually foobar.sty will get packaged as a Debian package
named latex-foobar.  I'm not sure whether this warrants renaming the
preview-latex-style package to latex-preview, with all the extra work
that a package renaming requires.

> So I'd strongly suggest to avoid "preview latex" right after another
> with any combination of casing and interpunction.

That's a good idea indeed.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster