Re: Debconf rewrite project: 2nd review of the intent.txt mail

On (10/03/07 08:51), Christian Perrier wrote:
> Attached is the new version of this text.
>

> - to improve the use English in all debconf templates;

use of English

> - to enhance the consistency of debconf templates wording;

This seems very clunky to me, though not entirely incorrect. I just
dropped the last word, but if you want to emphasise the wording my
preferred wording would be

  - to enhance the consistency of the wording to debconf templates

> - to encourage more translations for templates.

I'm not sure about this one. I change it to "of templates", but your
version may be preferable.

Christian, this sounds like a very worthy project, but a very large one.
You have plenty of tools in your armoury for dealing with translations.
Are there any that may be useful to us? Two that spring to mind quickly
are a tool to take the attachment of a mail like yours and save it to
disk, popping up an editor and using quilt or similar to provide a diff
of the changes. Not too much work to do manually, but it seems like
something you do a lot. The second would be some way of tracking
changes to the files, so that I don't recommend changing something back
to how it was before. Probably not too important, but in most cases I
would think that if one of us chooses one wording then we can stick with
it.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256