Re: [RFR] templates://zekr-quran-translations-en/{templates}

Mohsen Saboorian wrote:
>> The templates file has "Qur'an" and the control file has "Quran".
>> I'd favour standardising on "Qur'an" wherever it isn't part of the
>> packagename, so that repository searches catch either.  Of course,
>> that still leaves "Koran", "Qur'ān", "Ḳur'ân"...
>
> I think use of Quran makes more sense, since this is not assumed to be
> just a transliteration. Search result on the Google is also a good
> measure for this.

I don't follow what "just a transliteration" means; and with the
Google search limited to English-language pages, I see "Qur'an" at
1.98M hits, ahead of "Quran" at 1.96M (and "Koran" at 1.93M).  But
those results are so close that we should be using whichever
spelling you guys like most - as long as the templates and package
descriptions end up using the same convention.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)