Re: Request for English debconf template review
Christian Perrier wrote:
> Too long debconf templates raise a few concerns for me:
Well, I tried again, incorporating a couple of your comments and
merging the first two paragraphs. This may be taking it too far.
--- libpam0g.templates.orig 2007-08-29 22:14:58.000000000 +0100
+++ libpam0g.templates 2007-08-29 22:18:09.000000000 +0100
@@ -1,23 +1,19 @@
_Description: Services to restart for PAM library upgrade:
- Most PAM-using services that are running at the time of upgrade must be
- restarted before they can use PAM modules built against this new version
- of libpam.
- Please check the following list of services detected for restart and
- correct it if needed. The services are listed by the names of the init
- scripts in /etc/init.d and must be separated by spaces. To avoid
- restarting any services at this time, use an empty list.
+ The following services using Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM)
+ have been detected as currently running and will need to restart to
+ use the new PAM modules. They are listed as (space-separated) init.d
+ script names; please correct the list if needed.
Among the services that require restarting are the display managers kdm,
- wdm, and xdm. If you are upgrading from within an X session started with
+ wdm, and xdm. If you are upgrading from within an X session started with
one of these display managers, restarting that service will terminate your
- X session. It is recommended that you remove this service from the
+ X session. It is recommended that you remove this service from the
list here and restart it later at your convenience.
Other services that use PAM but cannot be restarted for you include
- xscreensaver, gnome-screensaver, and xlockmore. You will not be able to
+ xscreensaver, gnome-screensaver, and xlockmore. You will not be able to
authenticate to these services until you restart them manually.