Re: [RFR2] templates://radiusd-livingston/{templates}

Here's what I'm planning on going with for the description in the
control file. Thanks everyone for your input on that one particular
sentence and let me know if you have any further suggestions to the
version found below.

Kevin

------------

 RADIUS is an AAA (authentication, authorization and accounting)
 protocol for managing client access to network services, and is
 described by RFCs 2865 to 2869. This version of the RADIUS server is
 from Lucent Technologies Inc., formerly known as Livingston
 Enterprises Inc.
.
 Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) require a username and
 password to be given on connection. Before access to the network is
 granted, this information is passed to a Network Access Server
 (NAS) device over the link-layer protocol and then to a RADIUS
 server over the RADIUS protocol. The RADIUS server checks that the
 information is correct using authentication schemes like PAP, CHAP
 or EAP. If accepted, the server will then authorize access to the
 ISP's system and select an IP address, L2TP parameters, etc.
.
 RADIUS is also commonly used for accounting purposes so that the
 users can be billed accordingly.

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941