Re: [RFR] templates://rott/{templates}

Christian Perrier wrote:
>>>   Rise of the Triad is a high quality, fast scrolling first-person perspective
>>> - 3D action game. It has destructive enemies and lots of them, an arsenal of
>>> + 3D action game. It includes a lot of destructive enemies, an arsenal of
>>>   weapons from simple pistols to missile launchers, life-preserving armor, traps
>>> - and ambushes galore. It puts most of the other DOOM wannabes to shame.
>>> + and ambushes galore.
>>
>> This is actually a quote, so instead of amending it we should
>> attribute it.  (But I agree we should snip the comparison with its
>> early-nineties rivals.)
>
> Well, is really "It has destructive enemies and a lot of them" good
> English?
>
> My replacement proposal is probably not very good, but I'd really like
> to see something else than this sentence which is spoken language, not
> written language, for me.

It's a formula syntactically parallel to "it has bugs, but not very
many of them" - though that doesn't quite explain why it's stressed
as "and lots OF them".  If we can find something that's objectively
informative, that would be better, but if not, putting the 1995
advertising blurb inside quotation marks should be enough.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)