Re: Add a standardized comment to udeb packages description?

On Saturday 14 April 2007 08:17, Christian Perrier wrote:
> The following comes from discussions in dle when we proofread the
> debconf templates and package description of udev.
>
> James suggests that packages prodicing udebs should add a comment
> explaining that udebs should not be installed on normal systems. What
> do you think of this proposal?

As Steve already said, I don't feel there is any real risk that udebs will
get installed on a normal system as you'd have to add a really twisted
line in your sources.list to get them.

Also, packages.d.o already includes a huge warning with each udeb; see for
example:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/debian-installer/grub-installer

So I also don't see any need to standardize such a warning in the package
descriptions. It would just be a lot of work that does not any real
value.

Cheers,
FJP