Review project announcement

Please find below a draft of the announcement text which I propose to
send in debian-devel-announce to announce the official launch of the
review project.

Incidentally, I propose to give a nice nickname to the project and
"Oxford" came to my mind..:-)...Please feel free to comment.

Subject: Announcing the Oxford review project: proofreading English in Debian packages texts

Please welcome the Oxford project in the galaxy of various Debian projects.

This work is intended to last all along the etch->lenny release cycle
and will even be a never ending project. Its purpose is to review all
English texts associated with Debian packages, namely debconf
templates, manual pages and packages descriptions.

The first task of the project began in early March 2007 and is aimed
to review debconf templates for packages that use debconf to interact
with users.

In short, the aim of this process is to review the debconf templates
for packages that use them, based on their popcon score, and:
 review the debconf templates
 update translations
 get new translations

The debian-l10n-english contributors are currently polishing the whole
process and tools while work already began with a few packages,
either packages with the highest popcon score (kdebase, xorg,
cupsys...) or packages that recently introduced or modified their
debconf templates (lwat, aiccu, dtc...).

Contributors with good skills in the English language and good writing
capabilities are welcome to join the project by subscribing to the
debian-l10n-english mailing list which will be the main communication
media for the project.

The project will also use the #debian-i18n IRC channel on
irc.debian.org and a wiki page has been setup at
http://wiki.debian.org/I18n/OxfordReviewProject