Re: Debconf rewrite project: review the rfr.txt mail

On (11/03/07 08:04), Christian Perrier wrote:
> Definitely. One of the most difficult parts of English for me, which I
> never succeed to naturally deal with: the use of present for future
> or past actions when they are simultaneous with another actions, just
> like above.
>
> So, even though I roughly know about the rule, the correct <missing
> correct word> never comes...:-)
>
> (<missing correct word> is the word for the French "temps" when
> talking about conjugation: "present", "future", etc.....what is the
> generic English word for that ?)

I think tense is the word you are after.

> The missing comma is also French heritage as we nearly never put a
> comma before "et".....so is the missing "the" article in such
> conditions.

I find it interesting to learn about these differences.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256