Re: exim4 template check.

On 2004-04-16 Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 2004, at 09:15, Andreas Metzler wrote:
[Templates, corrections]

Thanks to you and Adam D. Barratt. I've applied your changes in
4.32-1.

> > Your "mail name" is the hostname portion of the address to be shown on
> > outgoing news and mail messages (following the username and @ sign).

> > This name will be used by other programs besides Exim; it should
> > be the single, full domain name (FQDN) from which mail will appear
> > to originate.

> > If you are configuring this system without local mail delivery
> > this name won't appear on From: lines of mail, as rewriting is
> > used.

> This last paragraph needs some clarification. The description just said
> that the mail name is what is on the From: line (and other places, I
> assume), but then the last paragraph just said "well, sometimes it
> isn't".

> If you are using re-writing, what should the mail name be set to?

I am aware that this is mess. But not one that can be fixed in
the templates, it is a conceptual one (#244095) thoughtlessly copied
from other packages.
               cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"