Re: Discussion? (Re: Knoppix 7.4.x CD)

I also on occasion use the CD version, mostly for its "toram" option, either when I need the system to run real fast or when I need to use the (only) CD/DVD drive for something else (like burning iso's).

If you put it on a 1GB flash drive, it takes most of the space, but if you use "toram" you can always erase the image after you boot and have the whole 1GB to use for storage.

I also deal with older systems, and some don't boot from USB and may not have a DVD drive, so I second this reason.