USB install with portability, persistence, and Xen with a GUI

Klaus & Milan,

Thank you for correcting me about the way that the layered file system
works. I am still curious about why the layered filesystem is being
used with external hard drives. I understand that the layered
filesystem is useful for single or multisession CD/DVD installations
and for the preservation of flash memory.

Can we put a swap partition and a regular ext3, reiser(, or other)
filesystem on the external storage?

I have created a website to organize our thoughts about this.

https://sites.google.com/site/theppkvmproject/home

I hope that this isn't annoying.

Thank you,

Jesse Horstman