knoppix-halt doesn't shut down network

Dear Klaus et al,

As I briefly mentioned in another post, /etc/init.d/knoppix-halt does not
shut down the network.  However, I'm not so sure knoppix-halt _should_
shut it down.

So far, I haven't experienced any problems as a consequence of never
shutting down the network prior to poweroff or reboot.  On the other hand,
"ifdown -a" brings down lo, which seems to cause some problems.

I think this error should be corrected, but perhaps the correction may be
to have knoppix-halt intentionally leave the network up (instead of
accidentally doing so).

Any thoughts on this matter?

Regards,
Andrew