Re: Patch for knoppix-image

Hi Klaus,

> To answer your previous question: The default options set in the
> knoppix-image dialog, where "overwrite" is unchecked, are set for (my
> humble assumption) the most common case, for using the same CD/DVD
> frequently on the same computer without a full install, so that the OS
> stays on DVD, and the personal data and settings stay on a local
> harddisk or on a memorystick.

OK, now I understand. I put Knoppix on a USB flash drive, add a persistent
Knoppix image (so that all personal settings and data is preserved and
additional programs can be installed) and hand it out to teachers and
students who run around and stick the USB flash drive into every computer
they can get their hands on. My use case is probably less common.

One little idea came to my mind... Isn't running mkxorgconfig unnecessary when
the overwrite option is not used? You could boot up faster if you rearranged
the order of the bootup scripts a little. What do you think? As always, you
are the expert and I am just guessing. ;-)

Regards

Ronny