Re: Patch for knoppix-image

Just a small add-on:

--exclude .wh.* should be --exclude '.wh.*', for the admittedly unlikely
case that there are files present that match this pattern in the current
directory.

To answer your previous question: The default options set in the
knoppix-image dialog, where "overwrite" is unchecked, are set for (my
humble assumption) the most common case, for using the same CD/DVD
frequently on the same computer without a full install, so that the OS
stays on DVD, and the personal data and settings stay on a local
harddisk or on a memorystick. This is a common case also for teachers
teaching in the same classroom. For a different classroom or class, with
different programs, they would presumably also use an entirely different
image.

That's the reason why I thought the "overwrite" option should not be
active by default, also in order not to overwrite a possibly manually
changed xorg configuration by accident.

What's also missing in knoppix-image is, restarting services like
network mounts and static IP addresses. This can be done by the usual
init scripts, but does not always work well, since /etc/rcS.d is only
parsed once before knoppix-autoconfig, and not after the new unified
filesystem is established.

The only reason why this has not been changed yet is, because nobody
(including me) has complained yet about the missing feature. ;-)