Re: Expert mode == Kernel panic?

On 4/15/08, Count Of Dracula <countofdracula@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you for the hint, but ... how exactly is a pastebin command useful
> in a
> > situation where your system got stuck with a kernel panic?
> >
> > Greetings & Thanks
> >
> > Ronny
> >

> You can setup serial console to dump the output of kernle panic for
> possible probe.How to setup serial console is documented here
> http://howtoforge.com/setting_up_a_serial_console .
>
> Thanks
>

> --

Hello Ronny,

 you said...
 PS: I did send the same mail yesterday but it somehow did not make it to the
  list (maybe because I attached a 50k jpeg with a screenshot...).

 Thank you for the hint, but ... how exactly is a pastebin command useful in a
  situation where your system got stuck with a kernel panic?

 Actually it isn't... but you said you sent the list a screenshot.
 There are filebin.ca and imagebin.ca sister sites where you could
 upload an image and provide a link towards. I just shamelessly took
 the opportunity to plug the pastebin command. It's so much neater on
 forums and stuff :)

 regards,
 John