Re: A few comments about Knoppix 5.1

Am Dienstag, 02. Januar 2007 13:36 schrieb Sebastian Rahtz:
> > So where is the big test lab?
>
> if "open source" was a large software company, or an organised project, that
> question would make sense.

I think this question always makes sense. There are already people working on
such labs. For the Linux-Kernel we have
http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/kernel_testing/stp, the NCC started a lab
in 2005 (http://www.ncc.co.uk/aboutncc/press_rel/testlab.cfm) and as much as
I hate to say this, Microsoft has one of the largest Linux labs
(http://port25.technet.com/).

But this does not change the fact that MOST open source projects do not use
automated testing procedures or cooperate with test labs and therefore Gilpel
is right! The same old bugs are biting users again and again because of bad
software quality control in this development model of distributed effort by
programmers not being paid for the work.

Greetings

Ronny