Re: TrueCrypt (was: A few comments about Knoppix 5.1)

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 04:22:09PM +0100, Martin Oehler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 09:03:14PM -0800, cedar wrote:
> > Martin Oehler wrote:
>
> I'm able to mount a knoppix.img created with the current Knoppix version
> using the filedisk driver. Used it the first time 10 minutes ago. So
> at least for the knoppix.img this is a working solution for mounting
> the images on a Windows system.

since I don't know whether we already have a howto for this...I did it like
this:

1) Knoppix system: knoppix-mkimage (as usual)
2) Switch to Windows, install crosscrypt and ext2fsd.
3) Decrypt image file:
   filedisk.exe /decrypt e:\knoppix.img test.img /aes256
   (Passphrase)
4) Loop-Mount decrypted image file:
   filedisk.exe /mount test.img i:

Modify files, reencrypt image file, delete non-encrypted image.

I had problems accessing a drive as decryption target for crosscrypt
but have to admit I didn't try with the newest version of ext2fsd.
Because of this the way via a decrypted file was necessary. Since
I'm no windows pro, it might be that someone finds a much easier
and more user-friendly way. ;)

Nice side effect: the Windows system is now able to mount ext2 images
and ISO images (option /cd with filedisk.exe).

Martin