Re: Any chance 5.1 will get out before Etch?

Dear gilpel,

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 02:11:03PM -0500, gilpel@altern.org wrote:
> Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Klaus Knopper wrote:
>
> Beginning of October, beginning of November, beginning of December...
> It's now one week and one month after November 3rd, and nothing in
> sight. Any chance 5.1 will get out before Etch? This "When it's
> ready" looks more and more like a curse: Kanotix wasn't ready in
> 2006. Will Debian become the new bleeding edge distro? Or Ubuntu...
>
> OTOH, I'm glad for Klaus. I suppose this means he's making lots of
> money :)

it's sunday. And, instead of writing mails to open source projects
why they're not as fast as we think they could be (1), or spending
time with our families, we're sitting in front of our PC's and
working on the Knoppix 5.1 public release.

I think that's all we can do at the moment.

Martin

(1) ("hey, why isn't my PS3 not fully supported by the linux kernel?"...
"why is the free nvidia driver not supporting 3D?" - I know these examples
are unfair, but they are just examples and I know the answers ;)