Re: any chance of improved xorg configuration?

Here's a more generic cheatcode suggestion that might be helpful to many people in a much larger variety of situations: Instead of pointing to an xorg.conf file, why not use a cheatcode that could run a script that could (among other things) replace the xorg.conf file?

Michael Creel wrote:
Another thing that occurs to me: could it be possible to pass a location of an existing xorg.conf file as a cheatcode? Something like "knoppix xorg=/dev/hda3/etc/X11/xorg.conf" When I copy my kubuntu xorg.conf into /etc/X11 while running Knoppix, and then restart the desktop, I get a nice full hi-res screen, and the vga out also works.
M.

--
Shane Geiger
IT Director

Leading the Campaign for Economic and Financial Literacy