KNOPPIX 5.0.1, UDEV and laptops

Hi,

I have tested some laptop with 5.0.1, near all seem to hang up if noudev parameter is not passed to boot prompt.

Sony Vaio FE21M require nopcmcia noudev, vesa is used instead of nv

Vaio FJ35ADH boot without parameters but switch off if AC is unpluged.

Acer aspire 561 boot with nopcmcia nofirewire noudev

Toshiba Satellite A100-165 needs noudev

Toshiba Satellite M70-170 needs noudev, battery seems well recognised: we can unplug AC On this last one ipw2200 firmware don't load, I believed that it was present on 4.0.2 but I may be wrong.

If noudev is passed we could not use Konsole.

Many laptop have "wide screens" with 1280x800, but X never have this resolution defined.

Now don't know which one to choose, all this configurations suck

It could be nice to be able to buy laptops with KNOPPIX inside, designed for KNOPPIX :)

I'm a dreamer and hope someone have some tips.

--
Jody