Mounting problem with Knoppix-5.0.1

Hi all,

I tested Knoppix-5.0.1 today and run straight into a problem I never had
before:
My harddisk partitions where no longer visible at the desktop. After using the
Konqueror URL "system:/media" I saw them. But no matter what partition I
clicked on I got an error message, e.g. for /dev/sda9:
---------------
Laufwerk kann nicht eingebunden werden.
Die Fehlermeldung lautet:
mount: Konnte /dev/sda9 nicht in /etc/fstab oder /etc/mtab finden
---------------

After looking at the /etc/fstab file I noticed some strange entries, e.g.
---------------
# Added by KNOPPIX
/dev/mapper/pdc_cfgjbgfb9 /media/pdc_cfgjbgfb9 ext3 noauto,users,exec 0 0

What the heck is this!? Are my partitions mapped to a primary domain
controller configuration journalized background framebuffer? :-) Whatever
Knoppix is trying here, it just doesn't work.

Mounting /media/pdc_cfgjbgfb9 by hand worked but it should not be necessary to
go down to the command line for this.

I double checked again. There are no such problems with Knoppix-4.0.2 here.

Greetings

Ronny