Re: CD boot time of KNOPPIX shortens by "LCAT"

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:19:35PM +0900, Kenji Kitagawa wrote:
> Dear,
>
> In order to decrease the boot duration, we have customized KNOPPIX.
> and named "Accelerated-KNOPPIX".
> http://www.alpha.co.jp/ac-knoppix/index_en.html

I am aware of the project, however, after reading the sources, I am
afraid that LCAT would change the format of the cloop-file in an
incompatible way (it comes with a different compressed_loop.c that does
some things I don't fully understand yet). Is this true, or am I
misreading the source? The documentation is available only in japanese
yet, it seems.

I'm trying to add some speed improvement in the next cloop versions by
increasing the ringbuffer size that is already present in the 5.0.1
version. This probably doesn't lead to such significant read
accelleration on bootup, but keeps the format of the cloop file
compatible to earlier cloop versions.

With kind regards