terminalserver and added packages

The terminalserver script exports /cdrom to the computers booted over the network. Thus, they get the filesystem that's on the CD, without any new packages that may have been added, thanks to unionfs. I'm wondering if it would be possible to export /UNIONFS as well as /cdrom. Then the netbooted computers would have access to whatever packages were added using apt-get/dkpg, without the need to remaster a CD. Any comments/suggestions? I'm not much of a unionfs expert, so help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Michael