Re: could I install Knoppix with debootstrap?

On May 17, 2006, at 6:09 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
Hm, which are 'the kernel and initrd' ? When you try to boot the iso from hd, you need to place the _same_ kernel from _inside_ the iso onto the hd.
The files on Quantian's alioth page should be for 2.6.12...

You are correct. I verified that the files from the alioth pager are indeed for 2.6.12. Which makes me wonder what I did wrong.

I'm going to try this again under VPC for OS X. That way I can take screen shots of what happens.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent