Re: could I install Knoppix with debootstrap?

On 10 May 2006 at 20:37, Alexander Syring wrote:
| On my laptop I have a chaneable harddrive and I want to install knoppix on
| this drive my only problem is when i have build in the harddrive i have no
| cd/dvdrom.
|
| I debootstrap a knoppix to my 2nd hdd?

Debootstrap starts a virgin Debian system, so that is not what you want.

One possibility I like is to copy the .iso file from a Knoppix mirror site,
and then setup lilo or grub to boot it.  There are a few HOWTOs that explain
it for my Quantian variant of Knoppix at dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html
and there should also be several documents at knoppix.net that explain this.

Hope this helps, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison