Re: booting a Knoppix ISO from an ext2/3 HD partition

On May 18, 2006, at 6:16 AM, Markus Laire wrote:

My situation isn't exactly what you asked for, but I'll send this just
in case it helps.

Thanks, Markus. I'll try to replicate what you have. Out of curiosity, from where did you get your /boot/isolinux/minirt.gz
 file?

If you are interested about my setup, I can send more information.

( set -x
part=/mnt/hda1
find $part | xargs ls -lad
find $part -name 'menu.lst' | xargs tail +1
df -HTl $part
cat /proc/cmdline
uname -a
cat /etc/knoppix-version
) >& output.txt

You'd have to adjust part= to point to the partition containing the ISO.

I'm not quite sure how to apply this to my situation, as I'm using 2
partitions instead of one.

That's fine. The script will still provide helpful information. Actually, I curious about one more bit of information, the mounts. So, could you run this script and post the contents of output.txt:

( set -x
part=/mnt/hda1
find $part | xargs ls -lad
find $part -name 'menu.lst' | xargs tail +1
df -HTl $part
mount | grep -i iso9
cat /proc/cmdline
uname -a
cat /etc/knoppix-version
) >& output.txt

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent