serving a large file over a LAN?

How can I server a large file (2+ GB) over a local network using Knoppix 4.0.2CD?

I've got an image of a Debian partition that's about 3.1 GB. Using Knoppix I'd like to serve it up over the local network without requiring a username and password. In that way a simple fetch tool like wget can retrieve the file and send it to stdout. So far I have not come up with an ideal solution:

- webserver: Apache 1.3 doesn't support large files

- tftp: can't seem to get this to work. Can't find the logs to see what's wrong.
$ cat /var/lib/tftpboot/foo.txt
hello

$ tftp 192.168.0.202
tftp> status
Connected to 192.168.0.202.
Mode: netascii Verbose: off Tracing: off
Rexmt-interval: 5 seconds, Max-timeout: 25 seconds
tftp> get foo.txt bar.txt
Transfer timed out.

- ftp: can't seem to get this to work, either. Can't find the logs to see what's wrong.
$ nmap -p 21 192.168.0.202 | grep ftp
21/tcp open  ftp

$ ncftp -u knoppix -p 123456 192.168.0.202
NcFTP 3.1.7 (Jan 07, 2004) by Mike Gleason (http://www.NcFTP.com/ contact/).
Remote host has closed the connection.
Sleeping 15 seconds...

- ssh: works, but requires a username and password, i.e is not easily scriptable.

Any ideas of a way to serve up a file (read-only is fine) to multiple clients are gladly accepted. Also, any clues as to why tftp and ftp aren't working also gladly accepted.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent