Re: serving a large file over a LAN?

Robert Citek wrote:

> I've got an image of a Debian partition that's about 3.1 GB.  Using
> Knoppix I'd like to serve it up over the local network without requiring
> a username and password.

there is  always a username involved. you just need to make
sure no authentication is asked for. won't scp or rsync do the
job for you?

I am puzzled why you find limits in a web server. 3.1Gb is
fine - after all, its how we download a Knoppix DVD!
--
Sebastian Rahtz

*Open Source and Sustainability*
10-12 April 2006, Oxford