Re: Knoppix/Quantian on Proliant DL360 G3 with 5i Smart Array, hard disks now visible!

On 10 March 2006 at 20:30, Fabian Franz wrote:
| Am Freitag, 10. März 2006 13:38 schrieb Martin Schenker:
| > Hi all!
| >
| > 'MAKEDEV cciss' (this is case-sensitive)
|
| This should be fixed then in Knoppix 5.0, a quantian that builds on it, as
| udev is used then.

Nice!  (And yes, there should be a Quantian build of Knoppix 5.0.)

| > KDE is up and running, but no icon for the array drives. But they are
| > accessible on the command line in the konsole which is fine for me. If
| > anyone knows how to re-run the hardware detection I'd be happy to know. But
| > that's not so important
|
| sudo rebuildfstab -r -v
| mkdesktophdicons

Thanks for that one too!

Now in case you would have access to the quantian_0.7.9.2.iso, any idea my
kdesktop initally stumbles but then runs fine on a second invocation?

Regards, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison