RE: Knoppix/Quantian on Proliant DL360 G3 with 5i Smart Array, hard disks now visible!

Hi all!

Thanks to all who replied and helped me out!

Now I can mount the disk array manually under linux24 and linux26.

Here's the short "How to" compiled from the various emails:
(this might be useful for someone like me next time around)

'su'
'insmod cciss' (doesn't work on linux26, but is already running anyway)
'cd /dev'
'MAKEDEV cciss' (this is case-sensitive)
'cat /proc/partitions/'
...	ccicc/c0d0
...	cciss/c0d0p1
...	cciss/c0d0p2

'mkdir /mnt/c0d0p1'
'mount -t ntfs /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 /mnt/c0d0p1'
(same for second partition)

After that I could read the files within the two partitions.

cd /mnt/c0d0p1
ls -> hey, presto, here are the files/folders!

The kde problem is also easily rectified thanks to Dirks comments:

-start konsole (looks a bit funny)
-select Settings->Schema->Linux Colors
-type 'kdesktop' in konsole window

KDE is up and running, but no icon for the array drives. But they are accessible on the command line in the konsole which is fine for me. If anyone knows how to re-run the hardware detection I'd be happy to know. But that's not so important

Thanks again to all who helped!

Best, Martin

The information in this email transmission and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any third party dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication, without prior permission, is strictly prohibited. Any attachments may contain viruses that could damage your computer. While we have taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for such damage and you should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachments. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender as soon as possible and delete all copies of this email.

Copyright (C): 2006 By Solexa Ltd. All Rights Reserved.