Re: Add instructions to terminal server?

2006/2/28, Michael Creel <Michael.Creel@uab.es>:
> Isidore Ducasse wrote:
>

> > 2006/2/28, Michael Creel <michael.creel@uab.es
> > <mailto:michael.creel@uab.es>>:
> >
> >     I'm trying to make parallelknoppix
> >     (http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix
> >     <http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix>) work using an
> >     unmodified
> >     knoppix 4.0.2 CD, along with a persistant image file. Everything
> >     works,
> >     except I need the slave nodes that are PXE booted using the terminal
> >     server to mount the home directory that is NFS exported from the
> >     master
> >     node. That is, the slave nodes need to execute the instruction "mount
> >     192.168.0.1:/home /home". If I include this line in a knoppix.sh
> >     file in
> >     /cdrom/KNOPPIX on a remastered CD, it works. But I would like to
> >     make it
> >     work directly from an unmodified Knoppix CD. Any ideas?
> >     Thanks, Michael
> >

> > you could use saveconfig to save your script in /home/knoppix, and put
> > the saved config on a USB key or so.
> >

> Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to get around. I can do this if I use
> a remaster, but I'm trying to save the remastering step. If I can
> include the command in the instructions that the terminal server causes
> the slaves to execute during boot, then I won't need to put it on the CD.

OK I get it the problem is that /home is not mounted at the moment you
want the script to be run right?
Maybe you could

- cp /your/script /home/knoppix
- saveconfig (to somewhere local eg USB key)
- use boot cheatcodes ; not really sure wether
knoppix home=scan init=/home/knoppix/anyscript
would work (looks a bit dirty anyway) , but I'm positive that
miniroot's linuxrc will restore
/home/knoppix before init starts.

Hope it helps; maybe not at all but anyway, I think you'll have to use
saveconfig if you don't want to remaster the cd because it's the only
way I know to add stuff which is automatically restored at boottime
while not being on the cd. But maybe PXE boot offers alternatives as
you suggested; I've never used it.