Re: Add instructions to terminal server?

Isidore Ducasse wrote:

2006/2/28, Michael Creel <michael.creel@uab.es <mailto:michael.creel@uab.es>>:

    I'm trying to make parallelknoppix
    (http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix
    <http://pareto.uab.es/mcreel/ParallelKnoppix>) work using an
    unmodified
    knoppix 4.0.2 CD, along with a persistant image file. Everything
    works,
    except I need the slave nodes that are PXE booted using the terminal
    server to mount the home directory that is NFS exported from the
    master
    node. That is, the slave nodes need to execute the instruction "mount
    192.168.0.1:/home /home". If I include this line in a knoppix.sh
    file in
    /cdrom/KNOPPIX on a remastered CD, it works. But I would like to
    make it
    work directly from an unmodified Knoppix CD. Any ideas?
    Thanks, Michael

you could use saveconfig to save your script in /home/knoppix, and put the saved config on a USB key or so. I'm not really sure about which home scripts are executed at boot time; I've seen people remastering the cd to have ~/.xsession work so you might want to try something else...

Thanks, but that's what I'm trying to get around. I can do this if I use a remaster, but I'm trying to save the remastering step. If I can include the command in the instructions that the terminal server causes the slaves to execute during boot, then I won't need to put it on the CD.