Re: Can I use it to test out a evaluation software that has expired ?

> My question now is.........
>
>  does Knoppix create a "virtual"  filesystem where the install of the
> product writes its files emulating a physical write to filesystem ?
>  If so then that is probably my ticket.
>
> thanks all.

Yes, just boot from cd and install the software. Unionfs (which is used by
knoppix) allows to modify an otherwise read-only fs by using an overlay of
changed parts (read the docs, I didn't ;)). These changes can be saved in
a persistent home, which would expire after another 30 days. Otherwise you
have to install the software on each bootup, which should be fine for
testing. :)

hth,

Tim