Re: [debian-knoppix] 7zip compression

--- Klaus Knopper <knopper@linuxtag.org> wrote:

> The -b option tries all gzip levels, plus 7zip, and
> takes the best result of
> all (which is 7zip in about 93% of all cases).
>
> It should show some statistics at the end of
> computation.

Thanks for answering Klaus,
Yes when using the -b option the gzip levels spread
to several levels, but not for 7zip, it remains 0%.
Looking to the list archives I saw that you use an
executable in /KNOPPIX.build while we use the one in
/usr/sbin/, could it be that the one we have has no
7zip support? I would not be such a big deal for me
but my remaster is just 15mb over the 700mb limit. An
by using the compression it would fit. Can I use the
create_compressed_fs from 3.4 to make the CD?