Re: [debian-knoppix] syslinux not passing command line parameters to kernel?

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 05:15:23PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> Caution: I missed the quote "/linuxrc, which has its CMDLINE envvar set" above.
> Actually, it hasn't. Options of the form "option=value" are present as env
> variables, but the entire commandline can, IMHO, only be parsed by
>
> mount /proc
> CMDLINE="`cat /proc/cmdline`"
>
> which is done in the Knoppix /linuxrc, but not necessarily in a custom-made
> /linuxrc.

My /linuxrc doesn't differ too much from the original knoppix 3.3
/linuxrc. It only has a few debugging options added and loops five
times over the CDROM search code to allow USB CD drives to show up
before /linuxrc gives up on the CDROM.

> Otherwise, I don't know what might have gone wrong.

Thanks for trying anyway. I'll go pester the syslinux maintainer.

Greetings
Marc

Karlsruhe, Germany |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 721 966 32 15
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 721 966 31 29