Re: [debian-knoppix] syslinux not passing command line parameters to kernel?

>From Marc Haber on Friday, 2004-09-17 at 07:51:24 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a modified 3.3 CD. The kernel has been changed to 2.4.27,
> and I upgraded to a "clean" Debian sid. Build system is Debian sid as
> well.
>
> Starting some weeks ago, Parameters given on the command line do not
> seem to be passed any more to the running kernel. So, when I say
> "knoppix toram", the kernel doesn't know about the toram any more.
> This has been working fine on my modified system in the past, and I am
> not aware of any changes that might have caused this.
>
> Does anybody here know about changes to syslinux that might cause this
> behavior?

I don't have the solution to your problem, but I noticed something
similar when I upgraded a Knoppix 3.4 CD at the start of August.
I passed "alsa" on the command line, but the sound no longer worked.
I did not upgrade the kernel, nor did I spend enough time debugging
to locate the problem.

Conrad