Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix in 8meg ram

Hi Achim,

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 17:10:35 +0200, Achim Unger wrote:

> > http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/
> Yes, it is a great distro, but it uses linux 2.4, which is unnecessary
> big. A 2.2 or 2.0 will save some memory. You have to care for every bit
> with just 8 MB!

Knoppix won't run with only 8MB RAM. Although it could run with swap
enabled, the swap space cannot be used at boot time. So kernel und
initial ramdisk have to fit in RAM.
Even older Knoppix versions (2.2, 3.0) need at least 16MB for this.

I also suggest a floppy linux distro like muLinux, tomsrtbt or HAL91
(http://chris.silmor.de/hal91/).

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
Grunaer Str. 31                                     http://chris.silmor.de/