Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix from scratch

Am Montag, 26. Juli 2004 01:20 schrieb Cecil Watson:
> >There seems to be a problem with the hwsetup deb file.
> >It does not work?! Even building it from scrach does
> >not work. You have to repack it from the 3.4 version
> >with dpkg-repack. I tried it and it worked.
> >Don't know what's wrong.
>
> Thanks, the dpkg-repack worked!  The only issue I seem to have now is
> when booting to GUI, X starts then quits with the following.
>
> "X-Window session terminated with errors. Please check and retry
> /etc/init.d/xsession start."

Yes, see my last mail about knoppix from scratch:

Add:

set -x

to 45xsession.

You can then see in .xsession-errors, where it is failing.

Or add "set +e" if you are tired and don't bother on errors.

Most probably the rsync fails, if you have not installed the knoppix-etc-skel.

cu

Fabian