Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix in 8meg ram

----- Original Message -----
From: "Achim Unger" <_@ing-buero-unger.de>
To: <debian-knoppix@linuxtag.org>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix in 8meg ram

Hallo DLP,

> Will Knoppix work in 8meg ram with a large swap file?

In theory it should work, but I have never tested that, because I do not
think I will become old enough to see the results;-)

BTW, I guess you are running an old 486? If you do not need a gui you
should look for tomsrtbt, which fits on a floppy.

There are several mini knoppix's around with applications that might run
on small systems, but you should have at least 32 MB Ram and a Pentium
100 ++ if you want make use of X11, even if you are just running the
system as X11-Terminal.

Please keep in mind that autodetection will be poor on old (ISA)
systems!

Greetings

Achim

The unit is actually a Pentium 133 with 8meg ram  1.2gig HD. IBM Thinkpad.
The problem is that after asking my question I found that it won't boot from
the CD drive. Oh well.
Thanks for the answer.
Butch in Florida

--