Re: [debian-knoppix] Booting remaster candidate.

What I do is go through the remastering process, and create a final .iso image; then I reboot using the original Knoppix CD and enter eg

  knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hda1/foo.iso

at the prompt. This boots from the CD, but then switches to do everything else from the iso (wherever you put it).

This does not test any changes to the boot itself, but you
probably haven't made any. Otherwise it provides a perfect test bed. It has saved me many many blank CDs in recent weeks.. (when it is going well, I manage about 10 remaster
attempts a day)
--
Sebastian Rahtz      Information Manager
Oxford University Computing Services